Gamma Technologies Ltd. is an East Midlands based company spun out from the Space Research Centre at the University of Leicester and Academic Medical Physics at the University of Nottingham.
We are developing innovative high resolution imaging systems for use in clinical nuclear medicine.
Our lead product currently at the pre-commercial prototype stage is a Mini Gamma Ray Camera (MGRC) intended for use within intensive care and operating theatres.
Clinical applications include:
- Sentinel lymph node imaging
- Intra-operative tumour localisation
- Renal transplant function
- Gastrointestinal transit
- Assessment of aspiration in acute stroke patients
- Lacrimal drainage (eye)
- Thyroid morphology
We also envisage a range of non-clinical applications including:
- Veterinary medicine e.g. small animal imaging
- In vitro drug development modelling
- Area contamination monitoring
- Non Destructive Testing
Initial imaging studies are underway at Queen’s Medical Centre Nottingham where the performance our Mini Gamma Ray Camera is being assessed in a clinical environment.